Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The twisted side of Pâtisserie


message from January, 31st :
When I meet with friends, I always take great pleasure at the mere idea of finding a original recipe to offer. Since my attempt to cook Tagada strawberries for New Year's Eve, I've wanted to bake something with candy. So when I stopped several times on a recipe of a Carambar cake on different websites, I couldn't resist. I did it, and that was the best idea I had that day. I'm still dancing for it.


What is fabulous in this cake is that it really tastes like Carambars, not just caramel. I wondered if I'd find myself in the end with a pudding-like cake or a big fat one, but the result is stack between the two. And it's just perfect.
On Jasmine's blog, she added a Carambar sauce to top it off. But as I had to leave immediately after cooking, I was afraid to come home to my friends with some kind of a very sticky pudding. But I assure you, only with a good cup of tea it's a moment of effervescent sweetness. So try it just to say you've done it too!


Ingredients for the 15 nicest cake mugs ever :
150g sugar
150g flour
125g butter
10cl milk
2 eggs
20 Carambars
1 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat your oven to 180 ° C.
Begin by melting the Carambars in a saucepan with the milk and the butter cut into small pieces. Be careful not to boil the mixture. Prefer a low heat, stirring with a fork. When the Carambars are melted, remove from heat and stir for a few moments until the mixture is perfectly smooth and homogeneous.

In a bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until the mixture whitens. Gradually add flour and baking powder and continue mixing until dough is smooth. Finally, add the Carambars sauce to the dough. Pour batter into a loaf pan lightly buttered and bake 45 to 50 minutes. The blade of a knife should come out clean. I was very surprised that the cake barely stick to the walls. So it is useless to add much butter!

Next time I will add many mini pieces of caramel, to get a result even more melty. But it's pure greed. Alone, it's already spotless.




Detail from The Beatles' album Twist & Shout.

No comments:

Post a Comment