Saturday, April 24, 2010

Peanut-Beak masks


Dreamy visions invade me while I finish my journal in the park. My handwriting is changing. My fingers are frozen. But it's beautiful. The freshness in the air, geese, ducks, moorhens, riders of the evening. But mostly, yes, more importantly, calm. Two pigeons are struggling on the roof of branches and hide the breathing of a commuter train that rides a little further behind me.


Two Chinese girls are taking pictures of sculptures and a couple gets close from running into the feathery progeny and instead swerved into the grass. An official runs past the green slope while his leather briefcase suffers from vibrating jolts. The two Chinese girls who turn out to be Spanish now take a picture of the geese, and another couple has stopped running to catch their breath.

No, they were not kissing. But there was yet the opportunity. Spring brings not only Easter.


It also provides delicious cookies shaped like beaks, and with a bit of luck, you will immerse yourself among birds. But I do not venture to suggest what they might think when you start eating the biscuits. Because it's inevitable. This milk chocolate is al over and topped with peanut butter smarties (which I can't seem to find anymore, it's terrible), waiting to be devoured.


To start the mask-a-raid, head onto this recipe box, them just melt some milk chocolate and get your hands on some peanut-butter candy (I'm almost sure they were Reese's "pieces". Yes, if you find an other option - please don't say I should make my own - tell me right away) that you glue to the chocolate.

Detail comes from a wallpaper pattern designed by William Morris, who initiated the Arts & Crafts Movement in the second part of the 19th century in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment