Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Le temps des cerises


This is Cherries Time! I've already been preparing three clafoutis since the beginning of the season. With a dash of Kirsch, almond extract, pieces of marzipan and so on, anyone can have fun around the base of this dessert. 




You can even use other fruits, but it's true that cherries are too good to leave behind. It is a great dessert for lunch or dinner, not too sweet and bursting with juicy fruits. Anyone can make such a dessert, so enjoy it!

Recipe for 8 servings:
5 eggs
1 pinch salt
120g sugar + 30g
100g flour
30cl milk
600g cherries
1 dash of kirsch or almond extract

Preheat oven to 180 ° C.

Remove stems and pit the cherries.
In a skillet or wok, place the cherries with 30g sugar and kirsch or extract. Melt the sugar over medium heat and simmer 5 minutes.




In a bowl, beat the eggs with salt and add sugar. Whisk until frothy. Add sifted flour slowly and whisk to avoid lumps.
Once the dough is very smooth, slowly add milk while continuing to stir.

Butter an ovenproof dish and pour the cherries and distribute them across the entire surface. Pour batter over the fruits and bake about 40 minutes. A knife should come out clean or slightly wet so the clafoutis melts in your mouth.





Serve warm, sprinkled with a little sugar is even better.


Detail from Petite mangeuse de cerises (A young girl eating cherries), by Auguste Boulard (1825-1897). I'm afraid I haven't much to say about this French painter. I needed a nice painting with cherries and didn't feel like still life. I thought this one fit well.

1 comment:

  1. The subsequent time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as a lot as this one. I imply, I do know it was my choice to learn, however I actually thought youd have something attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could repair in the event you werent too busy in search of attention.
    If you want to learn more about https://theelectricblender.com/veggie-bullet-reviews/, you can visit now

    ReplyDelete