Thursday, April 08, 2010

°O Bubbles O°



Two weeks ago, I had the incredible opportunity to attend the final rehearsals of Jonsì, the terribly talented singer from the Icelandic band Sigur Ròs. Now I start writing, I realize I'm not going to get out it with a few lines, because the images in my head are still bright. It will however have to be. I'll put in this message only what is about the biscuits I made for the occasion. I will write an upcoming topic on another creation I realised for the evening. 


On March 28, I was in London, at the 3 Mills Studios to be more precise, ready to assist with fifty other lucky ones to the last rehearsal with all costumes, sets and projections made for the world tour. If I am not mistaken, it started yesterday in Vancouver. Whe I think I have to wait another two months ... But I'm being silly, I've already seen and heard it! So there was one rule for the winners which was to come dressed as animals. The thing I did, I'll exlpain more later. What is important for now is that I decided to present myself as a flying fish. With a negative number of hours available under my belt, I decided to make biscuits to go with, willing to distribute them around me. What's more logical for a fish than making bubbles? It was a simple, yet easily varied recipe when using different glasses for cutting (I love using what I already have). After flash-cooking and a brightly-colored icing (no kidding, I have not photoshopped the photos!), My bubbles were ready to go free. But not me! That is what is left now. 


As for the recipe, I took the basic Christmas biscuits one, but replacing the pineapple with a handful of fudge that I gently melted in a "bain-marie". Depending on the size of your cookies, you vary the number. I had to make a hundred. That's some big jacuzzi!




No comments:

Post a Comment