Saturday, March 13, 2010

I C double


message from Nov. 15th, 2009 :
If there is something equally easy, or even more simple to realize than scones, it's crumble. Just make a basic recipe for the crispy dough you'll sprinkle on fruits, then after you can indulge in all the madness. Yesterday, I was getting crossed-eyed by looking at the Crunch bar lying next to the oven. I'm sure she was trying to tell me something. I took it, I breathed it, and I whispered : "you, I'm going to do something explosive with you tonight". That's where I told myself, considering this chocolate is crispy, I might as well use it in a crumble. So here we go.



Ingredients for a Crunch crumble (4 servings) :
2 apples, like Pink Lady for their slightly acid touch
1 pear
100g flour
100g sugar
100g butter
3 strips of Crunch (about 50g; I try to stay responsible, it's up to you to add more)

Preheat your oven to 180 ° C.
Peel the fruits and cut them into small pieces. Usually I make thin slices, but this time I preferred to go into something much smaller to get them stewed. Arrange fruits in individual ramekins.

In a bowl, add flour, sugar and butter cut into small cubes. Work the ingredients with your fingers to mix the butter and dry ingredients until you get a crumbly dough. Add the Crunch crushed coarsely and mix quickly.


Spread crumbs over the fruits, then bake the whole 25 to 30 minutes. It's good when the dough gets brown, so it's more crispy. Fruits keep heat for quite a while, so be careful when you dive your spoon in the ramekin.

Detail from Auguste Leroux's painting : The Mirror, 1871.

No comments:

Post a Comment